About this role:
In this newly created role, you will oversee all accounting processes at Kami Vision.
As Kami Vision’s Controller, you will be focused on accurately closing the books, performing value add financial analysis, and managing the finance function. The right leader will have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and will be able to inspire confidence and productivity in a diverse work environment and business while managing in a strong performance-oriented culture. Kami is a fast-growing organization expecting significant growth in the coming years, so the right person for this role must be willing to roll up their sleeves in the short term and be excited about growing a team in the medium term. This position reports to the COO.
– Preparation of GAAP monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements
– Responsible for the timely execution of the month-end close process
– Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner including analysis and evaluation of the key financial metrics
– Oversee monthly tax compliance and reporting
– Manage the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes
– Manage year-end audit; provide requested data and any interface as needed
– Provide data for preparation of year-end tax return preparation by external CPA
– Provide analytical support on cross-functional projects as requested
– Manage a team, comprised of a staff accountant
– At least 8 years of progressive financial leadership roles in both a large public accounting firm as well as in private industry
– Strong operational finance skillset, coupled with a strong proficiency in Excel
– Management roles in a hands-on, entrepreneurial environment.
– Demonstrated leadership in developing value-added financial systems
– Proven expertise in creating operating dashboards and identifying key value drivers
– Ability to work cross-functionally with leadership teams
– Industry knowledge and experience in vision AI desired
– CPA or MBA desired